HomeLink® is a wireless control system built into your Chevy car, truck, or SUV. With this system, you can conveniently:
- Open and close garage doors or automatic gates
- Activate/deactivate home security systems
- Turn on/off home interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other in-home electronics
Visit Chevrolet Center to learn the benefits of HomeLInk®, and how easy it is for drivers around Lakeland to program the system in our handy guide from Chevrolet Center.
The Benefits of HomeLink®
Haines City area drivers who have the HomeLink® system equipped on their Chevrolet Malibu, Silverado, Traverse, or another Chevy vehicle, will enjoy these benefits:
- Ease of Use: Connect to your vehicle just by pressing a few buttons.
- Compatibility: HomeLink® is compatible with almost all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a wide range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Control Up to 3 Devices: Integrated into your vehicle, the HomeLink® system allows you to control up to three devices.
- Safety & Security: With most compatible garage door openers, the system lets you know if your garage door has been left open or closed. HomeLink® apps also allow you to have remote control over other in-home devices, such as the lights and security system, providing you with an extra level of peace of mind when you’re on the road.
- Battery-Free: Since HomeLink® is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy, you’ll never have to worry about changing batteries.
How Do I Program HomeLink®?
Haines City-area Chevrolet owners will see that programming HomeLink® is quick and easy. All you have to do is follow these simple steps to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The HomeLink® unit features three buttons commonly located on the ceiling of the car above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car begin to flash. This will take about 20 seconds. Pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, so you do not need to do this when subsequently adding other devices.
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you wish to program while simultaneously holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You may see the lights on your garage door opener flash, indicating that it is connecting.
Learn More About Chevrolet Technology at Chevrolet Center
If you need extra help programming your HomeLink®, or Chevy MyLink system, the certified service technicians at Chevrolet Center can walk you through it. If you need additional information or have any questions, contact us online or by phone.