2019 Chevy Traverse vs. 2019 GMC Acadia
Lakeland and Haines City drivers looking for an SUV that has room for the whole family and plenty of amenities to make drives easier can compare the GMC Acadia vs Chevy Traverse. Take a look at both midsize three-row SUVs below, then browse our inventory to find a Chevrolet Traverse for sale near you!
Both are standard with features including a rearview camera, tri-zone automatic climate control, 7-inch infotainment system, OnStar® Connected Services capability, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability. Compare GMC Acadia vs. Chevy Traverse in terms of additional features below:
- The Chevrolet Traverse also includes: the StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with traction control and is available with a 10-speaker Bose® Premium Audio System. On the highest trim level (Chevrolet Traverse Premier) it is standard with Surround Vision technology.
- The GMC Acadia offers: A standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and an available 8-speaker Bose® Premium Audio System. On the highest trim level, you can get Surround Vision for an additional upgrade.
Both models are standard with front-wheel drive and available with all-wheel drive, and while the GMC Acadia does have an optional V6 engine with 310 horsepower, the Chevrolet Traverse offers a more powerful engine at the base trim level and better towing capabilities.
- Chevy Traverse Base Engine: 305 hp 3.6L V6 engine with 260 lb-ft of torque and 9-speed automatic transmission
- GMC Acadia Base Engine: 195 hp 2.5L 4-cylinder engine with 188 lb-ft of torque and 6-speed automatic transmission
- Maximum Towing Capacity: The Traverse offers up to 5,000 pounds while the Acadia offers up to 4,000 pounds towing capacity
You and your passengers can fit comfortably in both midsize three-row SUVs, but the Chevrolet Traverse has a little more wiggle room for large groups and long drives around Davenport.
- Seating capacity: The Traverse seats 8 with the option of 7 seats, while the Acadia seats 7 with the option of 6 seats.
- Front shoulder room: Enjoy 62.1 inches in the Traverse and 59.4 inches in the Acadia.
- Rear shoulder room: Stretch out with 62.2 inches in the Traverse and 58.7 inches in the Acadia.
- Cargo space with rear seats up: Take advantage of 23.0 cubic feet in the Traverse and 12.8 cubic feet in the Acadia.
- Cargo space with rear seats down: The Traverse has 98.2 cubic feet and Acadia has 79.0 cubic feet of maximum cargo space.
Find Your Midsize SUV at Chevrolet Center
Learn more about features like Chevy Traverse fuel economy, and be sure to check out our current Traverse offers to get a great seat on your next SUV in Winter Haven!
* 2018 model shown