Why Do I Need My Oil Changed?
Owning a vehicle means taking responsibility for its well-being or paying for it later, which is why regularly scheduled maintenance is necessary – and that includes regular oil changes. You need your oil changed because
- Oil can break down
- Gunk and debris can build up in your oil
- Fresh oil is best at reducing friction in your engine
This regular maintenance is a valuable asset to your vehicle’s capabilities, and you need to ensure you are having it changed regularly.
Oil Helps Your Engine
Under the hood of your car are a lot of working parts, and they all rub together to make your vehicle move.
- Your engine’s oil is what lubricates these items so that they don’t cause friction, which could cause them to stick, get damaged, or stop working altogether.
- If your oil were empty, parts could grind against each other and cause irreparable damage, and even an engine with low oil or old oil could do the same.
- The damage that comes from poor oil maintenance could very well be more than a car is worth.
Oil Change Service
You should have your oil changed on a regular basis, but the actual schedule will depend on what type of vehicle you own.
- In general, you should consider having your oil changed every 3,000-6,000 miles or every three months.
- Some vehicles can go as long as 10,000 miles without an oil change
- Your vehicle’s owner manual will give you more detailed information on the specifics of your car.
By following the regularly scheduled maintenance guidelines, you can ensure your vehicle runs properly and for years to come. Learn more about how often you should change your oil.
Visit Our Chevrolet Service Center
For those drivers in the Winter Haven area, Chevrolet Center has a friendly and helpful Chevrolet service team here to help you ensure your vehicle receives the service and maintenance it deserves. You can schedule service online or just drop by our service center at 101 Cypress Gardens Boulevard in Winter Haven. Our service specials make it easy to afford the routine maintenance your car needs – don’t put it off any longer.